Anti-depression affirmations are invariably important tools in fighting this “cancer.”
These affirmations draw you out of hopelessness and sadness.
They keep you awake and distracted from the demons of depression.
Depression is a major cause of many deaths annually. This is because it is the broadest way to suicide.
According to WHO, over 700 000 persons die annually worldwide by suicide.
How do depression-positive affirmations work?
According to Carrie C. Mead, the brain is predominantly networked to relay more negative thoughts than positive ones.
But then, through deliberate efforts, one can rewire this network and bring about more positive reviews.
Positive affirmations are the best ways to tackle this phenomenon.
Through affirming good thoughts, you tend to distract your reasoning from the initial act of relaying negativity over positivity.
Here is the point.
People who suffer from depression are constantly battling with their thoughts.
Negative thoughts erode their minds, and they fight to get them off.
Now, that is an extreme case for the initial network of the brain to relay more negative thoughts.
But through positive affirmations, one can shift their thoughts away from the negativities and focus more on their conscious positive affirmations.
The essence of the exercise is to distract the mind from clouding sufferers with negative thoughts that tend to drive them crazy.
How helpful are these affirmations?
Depression positive affirmations help you fight depression by:
- Helping you build a stronger inner being that is self-reliant
- Providing you with options for happiness and healthier living
- Giving you a better sense of living
- Encouraging you to improve yourself and tackling your issues
- Helping you evaluate your life and restoring your self-confidence
- Lifting your mood
- Intimating your subconscious with your wishes for a better living.
- Facilitating your struggles to free yourself from negative thoughts
- Helping you fight anxieties and replacing them with confidence and trust.
These affirmations keep you conscious of the dangers of allowing yourself to remain in the circus of depression.
Your utterances register with your subconscious mind and make it difficult to process more negative thoughts than positive ones.
Over time, your subconsciousness begins to understand that you are rooting for a change in your thoughts and actions and, thus, consent to your quest.
Does this make any sense to you? I bet it should.
Positive affirmations for anxiety & depression
Anxiety is a common accompanist of depression.
You are always tense and feel like you are not good enough.
This could result from the negative signals your brain sends to your hormones.
Fear anxiety depression affirmations help clear your mind off your fears and give you renewed self-assurance.
Let’s try this.
When you feel the urge to get anxious, start speaking to yourself about how strong you are.
Remember the difficulties you have overcome in the past and the fact that nothing or no one can stop you.
Speak these with confidence and determination. You are more likely to feel relaxed and overcome anxiety at that moment.
With constant repetition and inclusion in your daily routine, you develop more self-confidence and move fast away from depression.
Anxiety positive affirmations:
- I am an embodiment of God’s blessings
- I reflect beauty and grace
- I am a Victor
- My tomorrow will be better than today
- It is me against me. I have no life competitions
- Everything is going to be fine
- I am and act normal
- I’m surrounded by people who love and cherish me
- I can achieve anything I want
- My mind is a garden for beautiful thoughts
- I am not alone
Depression positive affirmations:
- I have power over my thoughts
- I am focusing on ways to improve than recounting my fears and failures
- I am not perfect, and no one else is.
- I am a victor of depression
- It is normal and right to seek help
- This won’t last forever
- I love myself, and I am the best source of my happiness
- There is no joy in giving up. Rather, I will live to tell my tales
- It is normal to be exhausted
- I am better than I was before now
- I need people around me. I can’t do it alone
- Every breath brings me closer to overcoming depression
- I am not wrong in choosing the path to my happiness
- My emotions do not control me. I do.
- I will get stronger when this is over
- Depression can’t damage me. It will rather strengthen me
- Taking my own life is never an option.
It would help if you opted for these positive affirmations whenever you feel the cloud of depression covering you.
You can record and play them when you have to.
This method is a good way to practice seasonal depression affirmations. As it draws near that time of the year, start reciting the affirmations and keep on until it is over.
Recite them with commitment and visualize them coming to pass. You will feel a lot lighter after. Yes, you would.
Morning depression affirmations
The way you start your day in the morning has a huge impact on how the rest of the day will look like.
There is a synergy between your first thoughts in the morning and your actions across the day.
Therefore, you must guard your thoughts during the morning hours.
If you suffer from depression, you should ensure that you start your day with depression-free ideas.
Since these depressing thoughts easily weigh down their victims, it is a good move, to begin with, positive affirmations that will help distract your brain cells from the effects of such beliefs before they arise.
Positive Morning depression affirmations:
- If I can stay a minute without feeling depressed, I can as well spend the whole day without being depressed
- I am going out to meet amazing people today
- The world is always welcoming and accommodating
- Waking up is a sign that God loves me
- I will be open-minded and share my thoughts with people throughout the day.
- I will be glad at the end of the day
- I have no reason to be upset about any situation
- Happiness is all that at the end of the day
Note: say these affirmations before stepping out. Include them in your morning prayers and put your mind to achieving them at the end of the day.
Postpartum depression Affirmations
One of the commonest causes of depression is postpartum depression.
It is a major form of depression that, if not treated, deteriorates to severe depression.
Ordinarily, postpartum depression is a form of anxiety influenced by the changes in the mother’s body system(estrogen and progesterone hormones) between the gestation and post-delivery period.
But there is another dimension to it: it affects men who neither carried nor delivered a baby.
Here is the bottom line.
Postpartum depression is a reverse correctional process that balances the changes that occur during pregnancy and after childbirth.
This leads to panic that, when not checked, transforms into depression.
Just like OCD, you are continuously compelled to look out for the baby’s safety, and you as well get obsessive with negative thoughts about yourself, the baby, and the people around you.
Positive affirmations help bring the parents’ minds to the reality of their responsibilities.
It tends to acquaint them with the truth and allows them to put delusional thoughts aside.
By constantly reciting these affirmations, you reassure yourself of your ability to care for the baby and the baby’s safety.
It assures you that you are doing the right thing and that the baby is getting the best care you can provide. That goes a long way in distracting you from thoughts of insecurity or weaknesses.
Postpartum depression Affirmations:
- I am the best mum I can be to my baby
- My baby is getting the best attention she needs
- I am not in competition with other parents
- No one is trying to hurt my baby or me
- I am a good Dad
- I am providing my family with the financial and security support I can offer
- This is just a period that will pass
- You are not alone in this
- God is in charge of the situation.
- I remain the best person I was before becoming a mother.
Fighting depression is not a simple task.
Depression clouds your soul and body with ideas you are helpless to push away. It conjures dejection and imposes it on you.
Affirming positive words against depression is a broad way to disentangling yourself from its shackles.
Those affirmations come into your subconscious to disrupt the activities of the depressing demons and make space for improvement.
Saying them brings a bright light into your heart and soul.
Remember to be objective about your affirmations and work towards living them out; you will experience a great impact in your life.