A healthy body image directly results from your healthy thoughts about yourself. That’s why positive body image affirmations are effective ways to keep a healthy body image.
These affirmations reassure you that you are the best version of yourself and beautiful, just the way you are.
Your body image reflects your thoughts and feelings about your looks and how attractive you feel.
In the world today, many people battle depression, owing to the lowly body image they make of themselves.
What are the best affirmations for body image?
The best affirmations for body image are:
- Affirmations that reflect your thoughts and not the views of others
- Ones that remind you of whose image you are made
- Ones that motivate you
- Ones that improve your self-confidence
- Affirmations that help you build a better relationship with people than shy away from them
- Ones that remind you that you are not in a competition with anyone
- Ones that relieve you of your worries and replace them it contentment
- Affirmations that pull you out of your doubts and fears, giving you strength to overcome.
Body image affirmations; a tool to heal
One of the basic benefits of positive affirmations is their effect on our mindset.
Affirmations related to body image help you think more highly of yourself than you would ordinarily.
They make you realize how special and delicate you are and take your mind off your defects.
So basically, positive body image affirmations come in handy on those troubling days when you are downcast and feeling dejected.
They motivate, energize and reassure you.
They send healing signals to your brain, relaying improved thoughts to your subconscious for a better view of your body image.
Affirmations for body image bad days
One funny but weird thing about body image is how inconsistent it is.
You may feel much better when you wake up and have a better perception of your physique, but by the time the day is over, you may feel exhausted and unattractive. This is a normal thing.
There are days you have a good body image and days you don’t. This depends on your mood, relationship with people, and environment.
Those kinds of days can be remedied with positive affirmations.
When you remind your consciousness that nothing has changed about you and that you are still as beautiful and desirable as ever, it improves your mood, influencing your body image.
Powerful Affirmations for body image bad days:
- I am as beautiful as always.
- Today is no exception
- It is a phase that will pass
- People around me haven’t noticed any changes
- I will be more attractive when this is over
- The day does not determine how beautiful I am or not
- I am looking better than I did the last time
- I decide how I want to be treated, and I have chosen to be taken good care of.
Feminine body affirmations
According to research, women have more bad body image cases than men.
This is attributed to the level of importance the female folk attaches to their physical appearance.
Males tend to care less about their appearance and, in contrast, are more concerned with the appearance of people of the opposite sex.
This helps men to uphold a healthier body image than ladies.
Now, to tackle this problem, positive body image affirmations can be employed to reduce the level of anxiety and obsession you have about your body image.
Saying your body image affirmations with commitment will help you think less of what people think of you but the conviction you have within you that God did a good job in creating you.
Feminine body image affirmations:
- I am lovely exactly as I am.
- I don’t need people’s approval to feel complete
- I am attractive to the opposite sex
- Nobody can hurt my feelings without my permission.
- I don’t need expensive make-up and beauty treatment sessions to look beautiful. I am natural and beautiful
- I am surrounded by people who love and adore me
- Looking different makes me unique
- My skin color is my identity
- My mirror is sometimes deceitful.
Positive affirmations for body dysmorphia
Having that once in a while bad image feeling is normal.
But on the other hand, body dysmorphia is a mental disorder that can drive one crazy.
It is a condition in which you get unnecessarily concerned with your physical appearance.
A sufferer tends to believe that people are aware of even the smallest of their body flaws, making them avoid people and spend more time caring for their skin.
Here is the bottom line.
Body Image dysmorphic disorder is based on your perceived thoughts of people about you.
You get obsessed with little blemishes that are the least visible to people around you.
So if you can work on your mindset and rewire it to focus more on reality than your assumptions, you can fight this disorder.
Of course, positive affirmations are known to be very effective in distracting the mind from processing negative thoughts.
So consequently, if you are committed to saying positive body image affirmations, you will do much better managing your dysmorphic disorder.
Positive affirmations for body dysmorphia
- They are my thoughts. They don’t define me
- I am perfectly made
- My flaw is my uniqueness
- Nobody cares about my flaws
- Who I see in the mirror is different from who I am.
- I could be worse
- I am proud of the progress I have made so far
Hourglass body affirmations
An hourglass body is considered the perfect body shape for a lady.
It is promoted by the fashion industry as the ideal body form for a woman, as it gives her a perfect look of style and elegance.
However, this has become a cause for worry for some ladies, who feel less beautiful and appreciated for not having an hourglass body. In extreme cases, some opt for body contouring surgery.
You can worry less about not having an Hourglass body by saying these effective hot body affirmations.
- There isn’t a perfect body out there.
- I am unique in my way
- I accept the body shape I am blessed with
- My curves are attractive too
- I am working towards my progress, not perfection
- My body I not less healthy than that of those with an hourglass body
- My body is a reflection of what I think about it. I have chosen to see mine as the best
- I am sexy and attractive
- I have qualities that an hourglass body cannot achieve for me
- I step out with so much elegance and style
Skinny body affirmations
Skinny bodies can be a result of natural body types or prolonged sickness.
People don’t like it because it makes them look less attractive and unhealthy.
People with this body type avoid anything that could lead them to expose their bodies.
They avoid public places like the public swimming pool, beaches, or playgrounds.
Suppose you have a skinny body, whether as your body type or as a result of sickness; there is nothing to be ashamed of.
You are beautiful just the way you are and don’t need people’s approval to be happy.
By saying positive body image affirmations, you regain self-confidence and find reasons to be proud of your body.
Affirmations of the skinny body:
- I didn’t choose my body type. God did, and I am grateful
- I am happy about the things I can do with this body type
- I am proud of my appearance
- I am not any less healthy than people with other body types
- One day, I will be healthy again and get more flesh
- I am not in competition with anybody
- I have my pride too
- Some people wish to be like me
Body Affirmations quotes
The following quotes on body affirmations aim to improve your positive self-talk for body image. They include
- “Your self-esteem won’t come from body parts. You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while and look for another reflection, like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.” – Stacy London
- “This body has carried me through a hard life. It looked exactly how it was supposed to.” ―Veronica Roth, ‘Carve the Mark.’
- “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
- “There is nothing rarer, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.”― Steve Maraboli
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Positive Body Image affirmations improve your thoughts and awareness about your appearance and attractiveness.
We believe this article has helped you achieve the perfect body image through positive Affirmations.